Have you recently gotten engaged or are planning your wedding?
No idea where to start when it comes to beauty preparations for your big day?
Have no fear, Beautylicious is here to help!
Whether it is getting picture perfect nails for all those close up shots of sparkling rings or flawless skin and makeup to last all day and night on your special day, we have advice and treatments to help!
First things first – Your nails! Unless you were prepared for a shiny new ring on your finger, many newly engaged ladies come straight to the salon to get their nails looking their best, you’re about to have lots of attention to your hands so want them to look perfect! A popular choice is a classic French tip.
If you are planning your wedding, we recommend you to start coming to the salon around 4 months before your wedding:
- 1st treatment to be around four months before the wedding.
- 2nd treatment to be around 3 months before the wedding.
- 3rd treatment to be around 2 months before the wedding.
- 4th treatment to be at the beginning of the month before the wedding.
- 5th and final treatment to be right before your big day!
We also have some top tips to help you get the best results at home:
- Use moisturiser on a regular basis. Regular washing of the hands or use of the hand sanitisers can dry out your cuticles and the skin on your hands. Moisturise after every hand wash if possible. You can even make the most of your night time by moisturising your hands and wearing cotton gloves to bed. This will allow your skin and cuticles to hydrate while you sleep.
- Keep your nails to a length you know that works for you. Shorter well-kept nails can look just as good as longer nails. Natural nails are always the best!
- Make sure to always oil your cuticles to stop them from peeling and flaking. This will help the overall nails in the manicure for the wedding!
- Have a healthy balanced diet and keep hydrated. This will make your nails healthier and stronger.
Everyone wants glowing skin as they walk down the aisle, but how do you achieve this? Here are our top tips on what to do and when to schedule facials before the ‘I dos’.
Achieving the best from your skin can take time and dedication, so starting as soon as possible is your best option. We recommend having a facial once every 3 to 4 weeks on the run up to your wedding.
A Microdermabrasion Facial is great for ridding your skin of clogged pores and blackheads. Using non-allergenic crystals to remove the dead skin and dirt and mild suction to draw the crystals and skin debris away, Microdermabrasion is a chemical free, non-invasive way to achieve amazing results and reveals younger, healthier looking skin from the very first treatment. The skin’s appearance is further improved through increased collagen & elastin production as your body produces a new layer of skin.
We offer a 30 minute or a 1 hour signature facial here at Beautylicious and we will assess your skin and cater your facial to your skin’s needs. Our expert therapists use a combination of massage, Essential Oils and a gentle polish to smooth and revitalise tired skin leaving it fresh and radiant instead.
A course of deeply hydrating and exfoliating facials will help you prepare for your wedding day in addition to drinking plenty of water, eating a mixture of fruits and vegetables and using a good quality moisturiser.
A lot of inflammatory conditions, including eczema, psoriasis and keratosis pilaris can be, in part, caused by stress. Stress and anxiety can also disrupt your sleep, causing tired, dull skin. Having regular massages, trying yoga or meditation or other relaxation techniques will help keep your stress levels down, which will keep your immune system strong and have you sleeping like a baby!
You may want to consider IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) around nine to twelve months before your wedding if you would like to get to your big day and not have to worry about stubbly armpits or legs. Typically, IPL takes 6 sessions spaced 6 weeks apart to see the most effective results.
If IPL isn’t really for you, waxing is a popular alternative and virtually pain free, we use Lycon wax which provides effective hair removal without skin trauma or irritation.
At Beautylicious, we use Delilah Cosmetics for Day and Occasion makeup. We love the brand because without ever sacrificing the quality and performance, Delilah has been able to create long-wear, pigment-rich formulations, that are 100% Vegan, 100% Cruelty Free and 100% #EasytoLove. That means you look as good as you feel.
Dermaplaning is a treatment using a scalpel that exfoliates your skin and gets rid of dirt and vellus hair better known as peach fuzz. The exfoliation and hair removal can leave your skin brighter and smoother, the treatment can also soften fine lines and wrinkles and ease hyperpigmentation. Dermaplaning can also be used to help treat deep acne scars. This treatment is popular with brides and the bridal party as skincare products are absorbed better and makeup can be applied more smoothly.
We hope these tips and the information will help you decide your beauty plan before your big day. If you would like any more information we are full of helpful advice and many years experience!