What everyone loves most about masking is the instant boost, glow and immediate on-the-spot results but masks can also give long-term results when incorporated into your regular skin care routine. The best way to understand how a mask works is to think of them as supplements for your skin. Your skin maybe lacking certain vitamins that it requires or maybe your skin needs a boost of extra nutrients to give you the glowing radiant complexion you are looking for.
So you maybe be thinking, should I bother using a face mask if I already have good skin? And if so, at what point in my routine should I mask, how often, and what type of mask should I use? We have the answers!
WHEN SHOULD I USE A FACE MASK?
Many people ask, how often should I apply a face mask? To receive optimal benefits you should use a face mask 2-3 times a week. With busy lifestyles, we know that masking isn’t always on the top of your priority list and Decléor has created instant 1-minute flash masks and sleeping masks to suit all your lifestyles.
HOW CAN I MAKE THE MOST OF MY FACE MASK?
· Start with clean skin-For the best results we suggest using a mask after a bath or shower when your pores are open – this will allow the mask to work at its best by penetrating deeper into your skin.
· Exfoliate beforehand-Use Decléor’s Phytopeel Face Exfoliator before applying your mask. This will better help the ingredients to absorb into your skin more effectively when dead skin is removed first.
· Apply & Rinse – Apply the mask and leave on for as long as instructed. Rinse with luke warm water.
· Tone and moisturize- For optimal results, apply a toner and then moisturise. The right toner will help your skin lock in all the benefits of the mask. Additionally, it will help your moisturiser to penetrate deeper into the skin.
WHICH FACE MASK SHOULD I USE?
Finding a mask that best suits your skin type can be overwhelming with many mask products on the market… Trust us, we feel you! Many masks may seem to have overlapping benefits so to simplify this for you we have broken down masking into three easy to understand categories.
· Hydrating & Plumping
If fine lines and wrinkles are worrying you, a smoothing, firming face mask will do just the trick. Many anti-ageing face masks included ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C for its antioxidant properties, for stimulating collagen and brightening the skin.
Why not try:
Prolagene Lift Contouring Lift & Firm Mask – The perfect 1 minute flash mask for firmer, more radiant skin.
Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask – The perfect mask to re-energise the skin for a fresh, youthful and luminous glow.
No matter how much moisturiser we lather on, skin sometimes still feels dry. That’s because we often need something that will penetrate our skin more deeply to effectively hydrate and restore your skin.
We also know hydration is key to fresh, younger looking skin and face masks are the perfect way to rejuvenate your skin giving it a natural, healthy looking glow.
For dry skin, enter: the hydrating face mask.
Why not try:
· Hydra Floral Ultra Moisturising & Plumping Mask – An intensive moisturising mask to plump, soften and smooth all skin types
Do you suffer from dull, uneven and tired looking skin ? Well an instant radiance boost is what you need. Radiance face masks deeply cleanse, exfoliate and brighten dull, lifeless skin leaving skin glowing with natural radiance.
Why not try:
· Life Radiance Flash Radiance Mask – A powerful, fast-acting mask to restore radiance to all skin types
If you have red and irritated skin , a face mask can be the perfect way to soothe, even the skin tone and stabilise.
Why not try:
· Organic Harmonie Calm Soothing Comfort 2 in 1 Cream & Mask – an 100% natural 2 in 1 moisturiser and mask for sensitive skin.
The most important thing is to listen to what your skin is telling you and adapt your face mask routine accordingly.